About McChord Composite Squadron
The McChord Composite Squadron, co-located with the Washington Wing Headquarters, was established in January of 1973. McChord Composite is made up of nearly 100 personnel, representing both active duty and civilian communities.
Please see our biographies section for more information on our team.
Supporting America's communities with emergency response, diverse aviation and ground services, youth development and promotion of air, space and cyber power.
Civil Air Patrol, America's Air Force auxiliary, building the nation's finest force of citizen volunteers serving America.
Integrity, Volunteer Service, Excellence, and Respect.
About Our Namesake
McChord Composite Squadron is proud to bear the name McChord, after our home here on Joint Base Lewis-McChord. Originally founded as Tacoma Field in March 1930, the Field took on the name McChord after being transferred to the federal government's control in 1940. For more information on the history of McChord Field, please visit the McChord Airfield Museum.